List:       xerces-c-dev
Subject:    RE: How do I use Xerces strings?
From:       "Scott Cantor" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2006-03-09 18:57:33

> > But I gave up trying to hide XMLCh from my code. That's my native
> > character type until I hit a boundary I can't avoid.
>
> My primary use for the DOM is a means of serialization and
> de-serialization of my runtime objects.

Me too, in some sense, but my runtime objects use XMLCh as their native
string form by design. I understand that's often completely impossible, but
in those cases, it's painful.

FWIW, I think libxml2 uses 8-bit characters (UTF-8 I'd imagine) as its basic
interface. Maybe that would suit you better?

-- Scott