List:       xerces-c-dev
Subject:    Re: Build xerces-c 1.6.0 on AIX 5.1 with G++
From:       david_n_bertoni () us ! ibm ! com
Date:       2005-03-27 18:43:43

> Hi,
>
> I need some help, as I'm not familar with UNIX c++ build.
>
> I downloaded the binary xerces-c1_6_0-AIX43_5.02 from Apache download
site.
> On AIX5, I try to build a sample with the library in this package. But I
get following error:

That version of Xerces-C was built with xlC, so you cannot use g++ with
it.  You will need to download the source distribution and build the
library using g++.

Also, if you really downloaded Xerces-C 1.6, I would suggest downloading
the latest, which is version 2.6.  1.6 is very old, and it's unlikely
anyone will be able to help you if you have problems with it.

Dave