List:       xen-users
Subject:    Re: Xen 4.18/ARM64 on Raspberry Pi 4B: VLAN traffic crashing Dom0
From:       reijo.korhonen () gmail ! com
Date:       2023-09-16 11:26:54

On Thu, 2023-09-07 at 18:41 +0200, Paul Leiber wrote:
> However, as soon as I remotely access the zabbix web interface, the
>
> complete system (DomUs and Dom0) becomes unresponsive and reboots
> after
>
> a couple of seconds. This is reliably reproducable.
>

> I didn't see any error message in any log (zabbix, DomU syslog, Dom0
>
> syslog) except for the following lines immediately before the system
>
> reboots on the Xen serial console:
>

> (XEN) Watchdog timer fired for domain 0
>
> (XEN) Hardware Dom0 shutdown: watchdog rebooting machine

Hmm.. Here you have a hint, how to study this issue. Seems, that this
is not Xe, issue, but it is watchdog issue. Your should set watchdog to
log, why it is rebooting machine.

You can also set or edit watchdog to do something else than rebooting
machine, because rebooting does not help your study.

Maybe it could also be helpful set your system to pure VLAN system
without Xen at all, but set system somehow to run same kind apps your
run with Xen and zabbix web interface. Maybe running Web server is
enough to study your VLAN1 and VLAN2. When your are sure, that VLAN1
and VLAN2 settings are OK and VLAN itself work with Raspberry OK, it is
much easier to continue with Xen and zabbix.

BR.

--
Reijo Korhonen, old school developer