List:       xen-users
Subject:    [Xen-users] Running PV-HVM on nestedhvm xen domu
From:       Michael Collins <mike () ark-net ! org>
Date:       2018-04-28 13:47:01

Is this supported?  I am trying to do some testing and would like to be
able to run a xen hypervisor as a HVM domu, but am using a driver domain
for my network and the domu, when booted to the xen hypervisor fails to
use the PV devices and thus has no network connectivity.  When I boot
the domu to the kernel, without the xen hypervisor, it boots up and uses
the PV devices.  Is this a known issue that the xen-platform-pci driver
will fail if run under a nestedhvm running xen?  Running Xen 4.9.1 and
Linux 4.15 kernel.