List:       xen-users
Subject:    Re: [Xen-users] Email Client for Xen Mail List
From:       "J. Roeleveld" <joost () antarean ! org>
Date:       2017-06-13 11:58:40

On May 28, 2017 4:17:16 PM GMT+02:00, Simon Hobson <linux@thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Ray Joseph <ray3960852@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for an appropriate email client to improve my
> communications on this list server.
> >
> > When I reply to emails, I have to craft the ">" characters to get the
> messages aligned.  I do a poor job of that.
> >
> > I have been using Outlook.com and my own email service on Godaddy.  I
> do not see how to control this in either.
>
> Any half decent client will do it. Sadly there's a lot of crap clients
> around - Outlook being one of them (at least the Mac version I have to
> use at work).
>
> > I would like to be able to use the client whether I am on Windows
> (now) and Linux in the future.  I switch machines a lot so I would like
> the client to be online.
>
> Use an IMAP mail service, then you can use multiple clients/devices to
> access it. Once you are using IMAP, then you can pick and choose your
> clients, trying different ones out until you find one you like - each
> one will sync with the master version stored on the mail server, so you
> get to see the same emails regardless of client.
> If you want a web service client, then Squirrelmail is a solid but
> basic one, Roundcube is a bit more sophisticated.

Is squirrelmail still being developed?
I stopped using it because the latest version was throwing errors with recent PHP \
versions.

If looking for a desktop mail client for MS Windows, I generally recommend \
Thunderbird. I am not going to start a flame war by suggesting one for Linux. (Too \
many decent options)

--
Joost