List:       xen-users
Subject:    [Xen-users] Running xen 4.4 nested insisde VMware fusion
From:       Alex Bligh <alex () alex ! org ! uk>
Date:       2014-08-17 18:09:14

I'm trying to boot Xen 4.4 + Linux dom0 inside VMware Fusion.
Xen 4.4 and Linux are both the stock versions that come
with Ubuntu Trusty, i.e.
  Kernel 3.13.0-32-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP
  Xen 4.4.0-0ubuntu5.1

The boot process hangs during kernel boot at:
  "x86: Booted up 1 node, 1 CPUs"
details here:
  http://tinypic.com/r/24fixcj/8

If I boot without Xen, it works fine, and nested virtualisation
using KVM inside (rather than Xen) also works fine.

Any ideas?

--
Alex Bligh