List:       xen-users
Subject:    [Xen-users] Installing XAPI on Debian Wheezy with Xen 4.2-unstable?
From:       cyberhawk001 () gmail ! com
Date:       2012-05-31 13:47:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I have not had any luck getting the XAPI to install or even work in
Debian Wheezy 64bit SO figured i ask anyone out there:

1.) Has any Xen user(s) have successfully installed the XAPI Toolstack
on Xen 4.2-unstable and how were you able to do it?

2.) Has anyone been able to compile the XAPI Toolstack from source and
again how to do that?

--------------- --------------- --------------- ---------------

- I had Xen 4.2-unstable installed, removed it and ran *sudo apt-get
xcp-xapi*, which installs Xen 4.1.2. I was able to boot into Xen, the XE
toolstack i just can't get to load or run, even the XM toolstack doesn't
work either. Following the Wiki guides don't quite help yet. The
*/etc/init.d* folder only contains *xendomains*, *xen* and all of the
*xcp-** daemons.

- I would be nice to know how to just remove/uninstall
*xen-hypervisor-4.1-amd64, xen-utils-4.1, xen-utils-common, and
xenstore-utils*, so than one can install Xen 4.2-unstable instead.

- On the flip-side, it would be nice if it was easy to install JUST the
XAPI Toolstack as a standalone package on top of an existing Xen Dom0... :)

Thank you for any input from anyone who has experimented with XAPI
installation on  Debian.