List:       xen-users
Subject:    [Xen-users] PVOPS VM Faster Than Fully Paravirtualized?
From:       John McDermott CIV <john.mcdermott () nrl ! navy ! mil>
Date:       2012-04-24 17:52:26

Xen users,

I am getting measurements that show Fedora 16 HVM PVOPS kernels outperforming Fedora \
paravirtualized kernels, e.g. completing a benchmark in 167 secs versus 198 secs for \
the paravirtualized case. This is only for small hardware (4 core single socket, 16 \
GiB memory Intel server board) but it is surprising to me. Have things changed and \
PVOPS is now faster than paravirtualized or is this an unusual result that should be \
investigated further?

Sincerely,

John
----
What is the formal meaning of the one-line program
#include "/dev/tty"

J.P. McDermott			building 12
Code 5542			john.mcdermott@nrl.navy.mil
Naval Research Laboratory	voice: +1 202.404.8301
Washington, DC 20375, US	fax:   +1 202.404.7942