List:       xen-users
Subject:    RE: [Xen-users] Disk performance under Xen
From:       Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm () eprize ! com>
Date:       2009-07-31 11:28:04

For Linux, a HVM to PV migration shouldn't be a barrier.  Install a pv-ops capable \
kernel in your domU (or 2.6.18 Xen-patched kernel), adjust configs and restart the \
domU.

You can also stick with HVM, but why cripple things?  Wouldn't you rather have device \
hotplug, balloon and fast I/O?

For Windows you can install the GPLPV driver to avoid emulated I/O.  I don't know \
what options exist for any other OS.

Jeff