List:       xen-users
Subject:    Re: [Xen-users] Windows server 64 bit
From:       Geoff Streeter <geoff () dyalog ! com>
Date:       2006-07-19 8:29:38

At 2006-07-18 18:19 +0200, Andrej Radonic wrote:
>Geoff Streeter wrote:
>>I am trying to get "Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition" to
>>install as an HVM. It gets as far as booting but then complains that I
>>have no APIC.
>>
>>/proc/cpuinfo on the Dom0 says I have apic. My config file has a line
>>apic = 1
>>
>>Any ideas as to what else is required.
>>
>>System SuSE 10.1 (boxed). Xen as supplied.
>>
>>Geoff
>why not do what the xen manual suggests: set apic=0
>?
>Greetz,
>Andrej

That was the default, and I used it first. I set "apic = 1" after I first
got the message during boot of Windows Server install. Setting "apic = 0"
produces exactly the same message from windows.

Incidentally, it says "the operating system you are loading does not have
APIC enabled" ...
Is there a choice as to wether it is a firmware supplied service or an
operating system supplied service?

Geoff