List:       xen-users
Subject:    [Xen-users] VT vmx-domain usb support and vnc connection through
From:       Mario Bischof <mbischof () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-04-29 16:00:51

Hello, i have 2 problems with the virtualization of windows on a xen-
domain.

The first one is the vnc connection. I've set everything up, but if i
try to do a xm console XX, it says something about xenconsole tty
file not found, and if i look up the qemu-dm-XXXX.log there is just
one line that says : "/path/to/xen/bin/qemu-dm invalid option -- '-
vncconnect' ". But vncconnect is installed, ive also installed all
the dependencies.
I am running Xen 3.0 on a debian system.
I've just managed to run it by using SDL. But it seems to be a bit
slow in transmitting the mouse movements. By earlier use of VNC, ive
noticed its quite fast.

The next, and more important problem is the usb-support in windows
while running it in a VMX-domain through an image-file. The
installation succeeded problemfree.
My question: Are USB-Devices fully supported on such a vmx-domain,
even with windows?
We'd like to run a Windows-program on a vmx-domain which needs a usb-
dongle. We've already tried to connect a USB-stick, it isnt instantly
recogniced by windows under xen 3.0. Is there any chance to get those
devices to work? ... how?

Thanks for every coming help!

Mario