List:       xen-users
Subject:    Re: [Xen-users] SLES 9 domU for testing
From:       Thorolf Godawa <nospam () godawa ! de>
Date:       2006-02-27 23:14:32

Hi,

 >I need to do a test with SLES 9 running in a domU very quickly and
 >don't have much time. Is there anybody out there having experience in
 >installing SLES 9 into a domU?
probably it is mostly the same as with SuSE 10?

So create an image-file with dd, format it and mount it as
loopback-device. Then you can make an "install into directory" from
YaST, after finishing copy over a known passwd/users/groups to be able
to login and create the fstab. To get networking running it may be a
good idea to set the mac-address on a fixed value in the domU-config and
set the STARTMODE="onboot" for the ethernet-if.

Everything else is standard.

 >Or way better, maybe has a already running guest installation
 >for download?
I don't think so, because SLES is not free, or?
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf