List:       xen-ppc-devel
Subject:    Re: [XenPPC] please test xen-unstable
From:       Amos Waterland <apw () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2007-03-27 23:15:00

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 01:19:28PM -0500, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> Hi, all the PowerPC changes are now merged into
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg . Please test this tree and
> report any problems, because these bits are the ones that will go into
> the 3.0.5 release which will go into Linux distributions.

Note that right now you have to use a vmlinux.strip instead of a zImage
as your DOM0 image.  Using this compile line, I was able to get things
booting fine on a JS21:

 make CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc64-linux- XEN_TARGET_ARCH=powerpc64 \
      DOM0_IMAGE=~/devel/xen/linux-ppc-2.6.hg/vmlinux.strip

Hopefully the zImage bug will be fixed before the 3.0.5 release.