List:       xen-devel
Subject:    Re: [Xen-devel] About the oprofile tools and related profiling tools
From:       "W. Michael Petullo" <mike () flyn ! org>
Date:       2011-05-31 16:21:05

> > Thanks Konrad and George!
> >
> > I have tried Mike Petullo's patched pvops domain0 and xenoprofile on it can work. \
> >
> > But I did not get the right sample results of HVM guest (No samples
> > obtained). So I guess, something should be wrong from hypervisor part
> > in profiling HVM guest.
> >
> > So did anyone successfully profile the HVM based guest using this patch?

> You might want to email Mike to ask that.

I have only used my variation of the 2.6.39 OProfile patch to passively
profile a PV kernel. Note that most of the work was done previously;
all I did was port it to Linux 2.6.39. I have not tried it on a HVM
kernel. My latest 2.6.39 patch is at:

http://www.flyn.org/patches/linux-xen-passive-oprofile/linux-2.6.39.rc5.git5-xen-passive-oprofile.patch.gz

--
Mike