List:       xen-devel
Subject:    Re: [Xen-devel] PATCH: Jeremy's linux 2.6.33-pvops: wrong gntdev
From:       Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy () goop ! org>
Date:       2010-08-04 19:21:55

  On 08/04/2010 11:43 AM, Michael Brade wrote:
> XFS has been my filesystem of choice for at least 5 years I think. Never had
> any issues with it. Before I used reiserfs and before that I had ext2/3 but
> that one gave me too many problems so I never tried it again.
>
> Would you recommend anything else instead?

I ask because xfs does some memory mapping tricks which are actually
fairly awkward to handle in a PV Xen domain.  We end up disabling its
lazy vunmap behaviour, which means there's a bit more overhead from tlb
flushes and the like.  I don't know what kind of performance effect that
actually has, or in what circumstances.