List:       xen-announce
Subject:    [Xen-announce] Xen Project Developer Summit (CfP closes May 6th)
From:       Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-04-29 16:35:45

Dear Xen Project Community Members,

this is just a quick reminder that the CfP for the Xen Project Developer Summit which \
is held in Toronto from May 25-26th closes on May the 6th, 2016 at 11:59 pm PST. \
Which is a week from now. Besides developer talks, we are always also looking for \
user stories (how you use Xen) and challenges that our users may face. If you have an \
idea related to a talk, but are not sure about it, feel free to drop me a line.

For the CfP submission link, follow \
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/xen-project-developer-summit/program/cfp

Typically we are looking for talks that cover subjects such as those listed below, \
but other relevant topics are always also welcome

Xen, QEMU, Linux and other operating systems

- Security Features
- Security Practices
- Hardening and security
- Scaling and optimizations
- Nested virtualization
- Kernel performance and other improvements
- Resource management (CPU, I/O, memory)
- Architecture ports
- Desktop virtualization
- Graphics virtualization
- New storage features
- Live migration and fault tolerance
- High availability and continuous backup
- Real-time guest support
- Schedulers
- Firmware: ACPI, UEFI, coreboot, u-Boot, etc.
- Testing and Quality
- Community related topics

Management and infrastructure

- Managing Xen: XL/LibXL, XAPI, Libvirt, OpenStack, etc.
- Unikernels and related technologies
- Software defined networking: Open vSwitch, OpenDaylight, etc.
- Network Function Virtualization
- Security
- Provisioning
- Performance tuning

Feel free to also check out last year's talk recordings at \
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyw7IQjL-zHdxql_rvgC_PjzNVfovogU for \
inspiration

Best Regards
Lars