List:       xchat-perl
Subject:    problems with use DBI;
From:       Christoph Haller <haller_ch () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-06-14 9:39:44

Hi
I have following problem with perl 5.6.1 (debian sid) and xchat 1.6.4
and 1.7.7:
Ths little test script:

IRC::register("freck", "", "");
IRC::add_command_handler("freck", "freck");
use DBI;
1;

loads fine for the first time but when I unload it and reload it, this
error appears:

Errors loading file /home/chris/xchat-scripts/nicksound/test.pl:
 DynaLoader object version 1.04 does not match $DynaLoader::VERSION 1 at
/usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/DynaLoader.pm line 97 during global destruction.
 Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/DBI.pm line 147 during
global destruction.
 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/DBI.pm line 147
during global destruction.
 Compilation failed in require at (eval 179) line 4 during global
destruction.
 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 179) line 4 during global
destruction.

 Error compiling script
 Usage:
 /LOAD <file>, loads a Perl script

The script itself seems to be loaded anyway, as "Perl List" reports
freck is loaded.
Any ideas?
--
Christoph Haller
If Linux was a religion, and GNU its church, Debian/GNU Linux would be