List:       xchat-perl
Subject:    sending ACTION to channel
From:       Yiango <yiango () programmer ! net>
Date:       2000-05-25 17:38:10

Hi all,

How would I accomplish sending an action to a specific channel? In the
rawlog of X-chat I noticed it sends an action doing something like
this:

<< PRIVMSG #test : ACTION test

I was thinking about using IRC::send_raw(), doing something like this

 IRC::send_raw("PRIVMSG $channel : ACTION $text")

But there is some kind of control character between ":" and "ACTION" that
I am not aware of so it doesn't work. What is it? I could not find it in
the RFC I read (http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/rfc/), but I probably
overlooked it.

..or is there an easier way that I am completely overlooking?

--
Yiango <yiango@programmer.net>

-