List:       xchat-discuss
Subject:    Re: xchat through proxy?
From:       Richard Fuchs <dfx () gmx ! at>
Date:       2001-05-27 17:11:28

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 09:25:09PM +1000, Peter Zelezny wrote:

> On 2001.05.25 02:29:57 +1000 Richard Fuchs wrote:
> > Well, here's the promised patch. WARNING: This is mostly _untested_. Use
> > at
> > your own risk. Anyone who is using proxies is encouraged to try this and
> > see
> > how much it breaks. ;)
> >
> > Richard
>
> I've got no proxies to test this really, but logically it looks fine.
> What's all the extra recv()'s in the socks5 connect? Needed for using a
> hostname to connect?

The reply to the connect request from the socks5 server can, according to
the rfc, be of variable length, so those recvs are there to consume the
various possible replies from the server. I have no idea if this is of any
use in reality, or even works, but this is what the rfc says.. *shrug*

Richard
-
XChat-discuss: mailing list for XChat users
Archive:       http://mail.nl.linux.org/xchat-discuss/
Posted By:     Richard Fuchs <dfx@gmx.at>