List:       xchat-discuss
Subject:    Re: Request: Another script language
From:       "Alex Argiropoulos" <aaalex () ath ! forthnet ! gr>
Date:       2001-03-17 0:39:00

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dietrich A. Grell" <cheezy.dee@verizon.net>
To: <xchat-discuss@nl.linux.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 1:23 AM

> Never used it, probably never even looked at any Pike code, but my most
important
> question is can it fork?

 I am not sure I get your point, but do you mean that? :-)

  FUNCTION
  fork - fork the process in two

  SYNTAX
  int fork();

  DESCRIPTION
  Fork splits the process in two, and for the parent it returns the pid of
the child. Refer to your Unix manual for further details.

  NOTE
  This function cause endless bugs if used without proper care.
  Some operating systems have problems if this function is used together
with threads.

  SEE ALSO
  Process.exec and Stdio.File->pipe

-
XChat-discuss: mailing list for XChat users
Archive:       http://mail.nl.linux.org/lists/
Posted By:     "Alex Argiropoulos" <aaalex@ath.forthnet.gr>