List:       xchat-discuss
Subject:    Re: /away /back dont work
From:       Peter <zed () linuxpower ! org>
Date:       2000-10-26 4:58:20

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, James Crawford wrote:

> I just subscribed to the list about an hour ago...
>
> But I've been thinking about this since the original email was forwarded
> to me. One thing is that the toggle menu option is not "synced" with
> whatever the user types in the text box. For example, if i typed "/away
> blah" in the text entry box then clicked on the menu option to set away
> it'll go /away again regardless. In otherwords it wont show the fact that
> you're already away in the menu (the toggle will be raised). So it sets
> away again, even if you're meaning to /back. But then if you type
> "/back" and click the menu again it'll say "You weren't away!" I'm not
> really a gtker, but i was looking into making it so that if you type /away
> it'll toggle the away menu option, and making them work together.
>
> I'm not sure if that's the problem exactly that the original email was
> referring to, but that's about all I can figure out.
>
> Sorry, I didn't think of that before...
>
> I'll see what I can do about it.
>
> If you get disconnected from the server, the client will still think
> you're away. This should definitly be changed that on disconnect it's
> reset. As far as having a way to retain the "old behavior" of
> /away... well I didn't really like the old behavior, but I think that if
> it's better for /away with no reason to be the same as /back then I don't
> see that as a problem at all.
>
> I'll work on this and fix what I started I spose.
>
> James Crawford
> drachen@thepcmaster.com

I added this to process_numeric():

	case 305:
		serv->is_away = FALSE;
		goto def;
	case 306:
		serv->is_away = TRUE;
		goto def;

(oh yes, moved is_away to the server struct, since you are away in ALL
channels for that server anyway).

that seems to help. Of course the menu isn't synched, coding that is
overdue, since about version 0.0.1.

If you want to do it, go ahead, but if might be tricky unless you are
famaliar with the entire codebase. You'll have to record the GtkWidget for
the "Marked Away" item in create_menus(), and gtk_toggleitem_set_state()
that latter on. Maybe you should leave that one for me :)

--
Peter. <zed@linuxpower.org>

-