List:       xchat-discuss
Subject:    RE: You are banned....
From:       Brad Barnett <bbarnett () L8R ! net>
Date:       1999-12-21 19:52:18

On 21-Dec-1999 Mark Derricutt wrote:
> Hiya, just a request....
>
> I just got banned from a channel with an autokick on the word away and now
> xchat keeps popping up "you are banned from #delphi and will try again in
> 30 seconds.".

Actually, that's not xchat, but my script.  First off, help is available (for
script functions) by typing "/xdcc help".  Second, almost every message the
script makes, can be controlled with the "scriptlog" command.  For example, to
turn off all script logging of "status/normal" messages, type :

/scriptlog stat

Until it says it is off.  You can have any of those messages go to the screen,
log, log+screen, or off.  Make sure you do a /savec to save your config when
you are done...

> However, it's been trying for the last 20 minutes and is filling up my
> screen with thes annoying messages, is there anyway to have a timeout or a
> retry count?
>
> Can I disable it automatically???

You can also disable attempt to rejoin a channel on ban, or, make it stop
trying to join after you have decided you really don't want back in.  For
example :

/ajoin off

Will turn that feature off completely, and you can also remove channels you are
TRYING to join (such as for a ban, or invite only) using the same command.

> Also, how the ($#&(#* do I disable the revenge stuff in xdcc?  I typed
> /revenge off and all it does is show the status.....
>
> Mark

Well, make sure you have the newest version of my script, with the newest
available version of xchat.  Assuming you do, or a new enough version, you
really need to read the status to decide what to do.  The revenge command is
quite extensive.  At the bottom, in red (or whatever your highlight colour is
set to by the script, red by default), you will see a listing of all the
revenge triggers.  They are :

You can change the above settings with one of the following keywords :
 kick ban deop op unban mode revenge iuser puser timeout
 inrevenge forceban

Simply type :

/revenge <keyword>

until it replies that that function is off.  You can do the same for all the
keywords, and then do /savec.  I had thought I set the revenge quite low as a
default, maybe I'll take a look at it again.  You really need to be careful
with the /revenge command, its designed to be as powerful as an eggdrop!
Anyhow, any more help needed, just let me know.

> -
> XChat-discuss: mailing list for XChat users
> Archive:       http://mail.nl.linux.org/lists/
> Posted By:     Mark Derricutt <mark@chalice.gen.nz>

---

                                     Dynamic Hosting
                                   HTTP://www.L8R.net/
                      "We Provide Static Hostnames for Dynamic IP's"
-
Posted By:     Brad Barnett <bbarnett@L8R.net>