List:       xchat-discuss
Subject:    Customizing xchat key bindings...
From:       Roy Katz <katz () Glue ! umd ! edu>
Date:       2003-07-23 6:42:30

Hi!

A few questions (some may be gtk2 but I don't know how to fix it):

1) I'm using xchat 1.9.8.  I have specified emacs bindings in my
.gtkrc-2.0 file, but I'm missing functionality.  Specifically, ctrl-b
dumps "%B", ctrl-k dumps "%C", and ctrl-f opens a find dialog box (i'd
prefer f3).  Ctrl-y dumps "256". How can I change this to normal
emacs-style behaviour?

2) Also, I'd like to be able to use keypads 8 and 2 to scroll along the
input box history.  How can I do this?

3) How can I get shift-<keypad 4, 6, 1, and 7> to highlight w/o having to
have numlock on?

4) How do I select all text in the input box?  As I am using emacs
binding, ctrl-a just brings me to the beginning of the line.

Much thanks,

Roey Katz