List:       xaudio-sdk
Subject:    RE: [xaudio-sdk] FeedBackModule
From:       "KELLAM,RON (Non-HP-Australia,ex2)" <ron_kellam () non ! hp ! com>
Date:       2001-08-13 22:58:28

> Please ....

Alright, but I wish people would take the time to read the bloody
documentation - especially the newbies!  Even as incomplete as it is, it
does contain some useful stuff...

If the code snippet you've shown is actually what you are using, then your
use of
	r = control_message_send_S(hPlayer,
		XA_MSG_COMMAND_FEEDBACK_HANDLER_MODULE_REGISTER,
		"function@%x08lx")
is flawed.

I would expect to see something like:

    void the_feedback_handler_registration_function(whatever...)
    {
        whatever...
    }

    {

        char name[256];
        sprintf(name, "function@%x",
the_feedback_handler_registration_function);
        r = control_message_send_S(hPlayer,
		XA_MSG_COMMAND_FEEDBACK_HANDLER_MODULE_REGISTER, name);

    }

This example is almost verbatim from the documentation.

I don't use the built-in feedback handler, so don't know what it's called.
You'll have to find that one out yourself - I suspect it'll be prototyped in
one of the header files though.

Regards,

Ron