List:       xaudio-sdk
Subject:    Re: [xaudio-sdk] problems compiling sample programs
From:       Clemens Kirchgatterer <clemens () thf ! ath ! cx>
Date:       2002-05-08 12:32:06

Shang-Lin Chen <schen@its.caltech.edu> wrote:

> ..
> > try to add -static to your linker options.
> >
> > -static -L/PATH/TO/LIB -lxaudio
>

> Now I'm using the line:
> g++ -Wall myprog.cc -I PATH/TO/INCLUDE -static -LPATH/TO/LIB -lxaudio
> -o test
> but I still get the segfault. Apparently the segfault is occurring
> whenever the XA_Decoder constructor is called, specifically when
> decoder_new is called. I've also tried calling decoder_new directly,
> resulting in the same segmentation fault. I studied the include files
> and found the prototype for decoder_new in decoder.h but couldn't find
> its function body. I don't know if this has anything to do with the
> segfault... I would think that the SDK should at least be complete.

i just had a look at your old mails:

g++ -Wall async_test.cc -I xasdk-3.2.1.arm-unknown-linux/include -L
xasdk-3.2.1$In file included from async_test.cc:1:
xasdk-3.2.1.arm-unknown-linux/include/player.h:645: warning: `class
XA_Player' $but non-virtual destructor

is your linux really running on an arm processor???
if you are on anything else then an arm you have the wrong SDK!!!

regards ...
clemens