List:       xalan-j-users
Subject:    Are DTM IDs ever "recycled"?
From:       "Eric J. Schwarzenbach" <eric.schwarzenbach () wrycan ! com>
Date:       2015-11-25 22:07:26

I have a question regarding DTM IDs and the dreaded "No more DTM IDs are
available" error. (No, not using an old version Xalan, just creating
lots of temporary nodesets during processing.) Are DTM IDs ever
"recycled"? Does a node set variable going out of scope ever free up the
DTM IDs that it was using for reuse by a later nodeset?

(I'm including Joseph Kesselman's comments about how these work from a

Thanks,

Eric