List:       xalan-j-users
Subject:    =?iso-8859-1?Q? _getting_converted_into_=C2?=
From:       "Robert Taylor" <rtaylor () mulework ! com>
Date:       2004-04-22 14:14:01

Greetings again,

I've run into a strange problem when transforming an XML document into HTML.
I have an XSL style sheet where I use the ASCII equivalent for &nbsp;, &#160;.

I'm using JDOM which inturn relies on TrAX to perform the transformation.
I've configured JDOM to use Xalan: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.

After transforming the XML document, the resulting document replaces each
&#160; with an invisible binary character which is rendered as   when
using the XMLOutputter to output the document.

I've searched Google, JDOM, and Xalan archives. I've also reviewed the relavent
FAQ's and haven't come up with any answers.

I'm sure that I'm searching using the wrong criteria (nbsp; #160, etc...)
because this seems like a configuration issue.

Any ideas?

robert