List:       xalan-j-users
Subject:    RE: How to set a URIResolver on a translet?
From:       Verachten Bruno <Bruno.Verachten () atosorigin ! com>
Date:       2002-12-13 7:00:05

>Resolving a translet from a jar file is already supported. You
>need to set
>the "jar-name" attribute from Trax, or use the -XJ option from
>the Process
>command line.
>
>Suppose that you have a jar file named translets.jar located
>in c:\jars,
>which contains an entry org/test/MyTranslet.class you want to use as a
>translet. You can do the following:
>
>TransformerFactory tf;
>tf.setAttribute("destination-directory", "c:\\jars");
>tf.setAttribute("jar-name", "translets.jar");
>tf.setAttribute("package-name", "org.test");
>tf.setAttribute("translet-name", "MyTranslet");
>tf.setAttribute("auto-translet", "true");
>
>Then the call tf.newTemplates() will use the class org.test.MyTranslet
>inside the jar file to create the translet.
The problem is that I just don't know where the jar file is located...
In my application, I have to find the precompiled classes in
the classpath, without knowing from which jar file they come.
Retrieving the classes and using them works "à la" XSLTC, but there's
no way with TRAX.

Later,

Bruno Verachten.