List:       xalan-dev
Subject:    Re: Xalan new FormatterToXML breaks special chars in attributes
From:       "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_Boag/CAM/Lotus () lotus ! com>
Date:       1999-12-16 6:47:02

You should be all set:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<faq title="How does Xalan deal with &lt;?..?&gt; processing
instructions?"><question title="Why the name &quot;Cocoon&quot;?"/></faq>

-scott

                                                                                      \

                    Stefano                                                           \

                    Mazzocchi            To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org             \

                    <stefano@apac        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)          \

                    he.org>              Subject:     Re: Xalan new FormatterToXML \
                breaks special chars in
                                         attributes                                   \

                    12/15/99                                                          \

                    10:00 PM                                                          \

                    Please                                                            \

                    respond to                                                        \

                    xalan-dev                                                         \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:

> > <faq title="Why the name "Cocoon"?">
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood the problem the first time around.  Fixed.

what about

 <faq title="How does Xalan deal with <?..?> processing instructions?">

is it included in the fix? (haven't tested yet).

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.