List:       xalan-dev
Subject:    Re: GSoC 2013
From:       Michael Glavassevich <mrglavas () ca ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2013-04-25 16:00:21

Hi Samuel,

(Speaking just about the Java version of Xalan)

Derivatives of Xalan-J are included in both the Oracle and IBM JDKs. I
would expect that the majority of users would be getting their JAXP/XSLT
support in this way. I couldn't guess how many use the Apache releases of
Xalan-J directly, but have to imagine it's gone down over the years with
the availability of JAXP/XSLT support in Java SE and processors such as
Saxon which have supported XSLT 2.0 / XPath 2.0 for a long time.

I know there's been some interest by users for XSLT 2.0 / XPath 2.0
support. They occasionally ask about it on the mailing list. Personally I
haven't kept up with the standards, so from a technical perspective I
wouldn't be able to provide much guidance for XPath 2.0 / XSLT 2.0. The
other committers may have more knowledge.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab