List:       xalan-c-users
Subject:    Re: sqrt:DOMAIN error
From:       david_n_bertoni () us ! ibm ! com
Date:       2005-01-31 17:50:35

> When i use Xalan, before the execution of my code i get a message box
with sqrt:DOMAIN error,
> after that execution runs normaly. What the reason of it?

During initialization, Xalan-C calls the sqrt() function with a negative
value, to determine the platform's value for NaN.  In versions of Xalan-C
prior to 1.9, we did this during static initialization, which caused
problems on Solaris, so not it's being done when you initialize the
library.

Since you have not provided any information about what version of Xalan
you're using, or the compiler or the OS you're using, it's difficult to
speculate as to why you're seeing this message box.

Dave