List:       xalan-c-users
Subject:    Re: XPathEvaluator usage?
From:       david_n_bertoni () us ! ibm ! com
Date:       2004-07-15 19:06:57

> I am using a Xerces DOMDocument and DomElements, but because there is no
> implentation of the DOMXPathEvaluator interface in Xerces, I am forced to
> try to use Xalan's XPathEvaluator object.
>
> I'm having trouble trying to figure out exactly how to use it --
> specifically, how I can relate the Xerces objects to their Xalan
> counterparts.  The SimpleXPathAPI.cpp example doesn't really help with
that.
> If anyone out there can give me a simple example of how to use this in
the
> manner I've described, I would be greatly in your debt.

There are some samples which use our wrapper around the Xerces DOM.  Take a
look at the ParsedSourceWrappers sample, which demonstrates one approach.
There are others which can be more efficient, depending on your needs.  You
can also find more information by searching the mailing list archives.

Dave