List:       xalan-c-users
Subject:    Re: Anyone seen this XSLT error before? Upgraded from Xalan 1.6 to 1.7
From:       david_n_bertoni () us ! ibm ! com
Date:       2004-01-22 18:58:17

I'm not sure Chad really wants a non-breaking space here.

Chad, can you try simply removing the xml:space attribute, since it's not
really needed anyway.

Thanks!

Dave

                                                                                      \

                      Eric Pailleau                                                   \

                      <eric@numlog.fr>         To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org  \

                                               cc:      (bcc: David N \
                Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                      01/22/2004 02:09         Subject: Re: Anyone seen this XSLT \
                error before? Upgraded from Xalan 1.6 to 1.7
                      AM                                                              \

                      Please respond                                                  \

                      to xalan-c-users                                                \

                                                                                      \

Chad Williamson wrote:

> I've been using Xalan 1.6(with Xerces 2.3.0) as my XSLT transform engine
with no
> problems.  I gave our customer the files and they are using Xalan 1.7
(with
> Xerces 2.4.0) and they get this error and I don't...  I'm investigating
the
> differences in versions and platforms, but was hoping that someone else
may have
> seen it :-)  I've been generating my xsl files using Schematron, but I
think
> this problem is unrelated to that.
>
> Thanks, chad
>

> > Xalan -o out_put router2.xml shiva-temp.xsl

Try to replace :
<axsl:text xml:space="preserve"> </axsl:text>

with a simple  &nbsp;(if declared) or &#160; (if not)

indivisible blank in HTML ...

Since a correction occurs ...

@+