List:       xalan-c-users
Subject:    Re: Upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6
From:       david_n_bertoni () us ! ibm ! com
Date:       2003-10-20 23:31:40

Hi Don,

I believe this is fixed in the latest CVS code.  At any rate, it's not a
big deal, since you're hopefully not catching by value anyway.  If you are
catching any exceptions by value, you might want to change your code to
catch by const reference.

If you want more details, I'll be happy to elaborate.

Thanks!

Dave

> ---------+-------------------------------->
> > Don McClimans        |
> > <dmcclimans@IntiElect|
> > ronics.com>          |
> > >
> > 10/20/2003 03:51 PM  |
> ---------+-------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                   \
|  |        To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org                                     \
|  |        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)                             \
|  |        Subject: Upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6                                        \
|  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I am upgrading a project from using xalan 1.5 and xerces 2.1 to 1.6 and
2.3. I am running winxp, vc6 sp5. Stock xerces 2.3, but I have recompiled
xalan 1.6 to link with STLPort.

In the sax handlers of my own project, I am getting warnings:

..\xerces-c_2_3_0-win32\include\xercesc/sax2/DefaultHandler.hpp(737) :
warning C4673: throwing 'class xercesc_2_3::SAXParseException' the
following types will not be considered at the catch site
..\xerces-c_2_3_0-win32\include\xercesc/sax2/DefaultHandler.hpp(737) :
warning C4671: 'SAXParseException::SAXException::XMemory' : the copy
constructor is inaccessible

These warning also occur in XMLReaderFactor.hpp, line 123.

I didn't get such warnings in xalan 1.5.

OK, I know what the warning means literally, but I don't know the
implications in xalan -- if it's anything I should be concerned about.  Any
advice?

Thanks,

Don