List:       wwwsearch-general
Subject:    [wwwsearch-general] Question on OS web spider like mechanize and
From:       Chris Nizzardini <cnizzardini () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-02 22:33:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I will be creating an application to perform some specialized web crawling
for a client and would like to use one of the various open source spiders.
 My primary language is PHP, but I have some limited experience with Pyhton.
 My question is which would be faster (operation wise) and easiest to
extend/modify: a python tool (such as mechanize) or a php tool (such as
phpdig).  Please NO ZEALOTRY in the python versus php fashion.  I don't care
which language you believe is better.  I am only looking for the right tool
for the right job in this case.  Any respectful insight on a solution is
appreciated.

chris