List:       wwwsearch-general
Subject:    Re: [wwwsearch-general] Do Browser objects hold contents of opened
From:       John J Lee <jjl () pobox ! com>
Date:       2010-05-13 21:16:28

On Wed, 12 May 2010, chris@seberino.org wrote:

> I read the FAQ and Hints pages posted regarding Javascript.  I'm trying to
> follow the suggestion of simulating what Javascript does.
>
> A page I want to handle seems to have Javascript code that changes the texts of certain
> div and a span elements.
>
> Where/how can mechanize change this?

You probably don't need to.  Instead, do whatever it is the JavaScript
actually ends up doing -- things like changes to URIs (e.g. form action),
changes to form controls, etc.

> Perhaps there are some methods inside of Browser class that I can drill down
> into to modify the current opened page?

I just added an example of how to modify the HTML here (under "Browser
doesnąt have all of the forms/links I see in the HTML. Why not?"):

http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/faq.html

John