List:       wwwsearch-general
Subject:    Re: [wwwsearch-general] python mechanize + ubuntu + submit problem
From:       Markos <markaki2002 () yahoo ! gr>
Date:       2008-04-05 12:49:31

John J Lee wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Apr 2008, Markos wrote:
> [...]
>
>> The program runs smoothly on every distro except ubuntu. I ve done a lot
>> of debugging and the problem is on submit() function on class Browser.
>> For some unknown reason this function doesnt work as it should on Ubuntu
>> distros. I ve tried 0.1.6 and 0.1.7 version and still nothing.
>>
>> The same code runs perfect on Gentoo / Arch/ Debian machines but not on
>> Ubuntu.
>>
>> Do you have any idea what is wrong with Ubuntu package of
>> python-mechanize and if there is a workaround?
>>

> No -- I've never looked at it or used it.
>
> If you can expand on "doesn't work as it should", I might be able to help.
>

> John

Could you take a look at this bug

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-mechanize/+bug/212000

I wrote a little script that verifies the problem

The submit() function doesn't Submit on Ubuntu package. If you replace
submit() with click() then its ok but click() doesnt POST the data so
its useless

check the little script Ive made

On every distro the return address is the same except Ubuntu

--
Personal Project Page : http://hwoarang.silverarrow.gr