List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    Re: Error code out of the blue?
From:       "Travis M. Fillmen" <travis () shadowglen ! com>
Date:       2001-08-31 3:35:41

Really strange event occured -- I happened to change one item -- the # of
failed login
attempts, to a higher setting... poof, the dang thing worked again.  Now I
REALLY am
perplexed.  Perhaps the server shuts down or locks if it detects a hack
attempt?  I would
imagine someone tried logging in via FTP, my max failed attempts is set to
3, and they
got booted, and it locked it down.  Upon trying to recreate this event, I
could not achieve
the same results.  I'm just happy that it works again...yet...longing to
figure out what went
on...

Travis