List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    Re: Proper FTP setup.
From:       Gregory A Lundberg <lundberg+wuftpd () vr ! net>
Date:       2000-12-29 10:20:15

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 11:04:56PM -0500, root wrote:

> I've been using linux for awhile, but I'm new to running ftp under linux.
> I got a bare-bones wu-ftpd running with the dirs: bin, dev, etc, lib
> under the ftp root dir.  My problem is I don't know what to put in those
> directories.  The only thing I have right now is 'ls' in bin and its
> associated libraries in lib.  Is there anything else that I need?

Need?

Require?  No.

Might want?  Yes.  If you want to allow compression or tar on-the-fly (via
ftpconversions) you'll need tar/compress/gzip/gunzip.  The binaries area
for intel/linux contains a ftp-bin tarball which has statically-linked
versions of app the glue currently used by the example ftpconversios..
RH's anon-ftp installs the same set, plush cpio (for what reason I don't
know) with all the needed glue.

In /dev the only required device is /dev/null

--

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              lundberg@wu-ftpd.org