List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    Re: GMT Time
From:       Bob Luckin <bob () ti ! com>
Date:       2003-05-29 17:32:19

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 11:19:29PM -0400, Kevin Hoffer wrote:
> I currently have wu-2.6.1 installed and if I am on the server and do a
> ls on a file it shows the correct time but for some reason when people
> login it shows them the GMT time which is like way off from local time,
> so people are confused. I am sure this has been discussed but I couldn't
> find a answer in the archives.

This usually happens when your user is chrooted (anonymous or guest), and
you are missing some of the timezone info from the relevant chrooted area.

This is a FAQ (well two, actually !) :-
   http://www.wu-ftpd.org/wu-ftpd-faq.html#QA21
   http://www.wu-ftpd.org/wu-ftpd-faq.html#QA22

Hopefully the ftpd man page which comes with your operating system lists the
files needed for an anonymous setup; it should include the relevant timezone
files.

Good luck !

Cheers, Bob
--