List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    cannot login
From:       "Jon  Miller" <jlmiller () mmtnetworks ! com ! au>
Date:       2003-05-22 7:51:07

I'm having a problem logging in to my FTP server. I've come to a point where I cannot figure out what the problem is.
Error message states:
FTP LOGIN FAILED (virtual host access denied for 192.168.1.53 [192.168.1.523], jlmiller

/etc/ftpaccess

 class all real,anonymous,guest *
#
 limit all 10 Any
#
 compress yes all
 tar yes all
#
 log commands real
 log transfers real inbound,outbound
#
 virtual 192.168.1.3 allow jlmiller web

private no
umask   no      anonymous,guest
log     commands        anonymous,guest,real
log     transfers       anonymous,guest,real    inbound,outbound
log     security        anonymous,guest,real
realuser        jlmiller web
realgroup       ftp
allow-uid       jlmiller web
allow-gid       ftp
FTP Root Directory /var/ftp
chmod no guest, anonymous

/etc/ftphosts
# Example host access file
#
# Everything after a '#' is treated as comment,
# empty lines are ignored
# changed 21.5.03
#
allow web 192.168.0.*
allow jlmiller 192.168.5.*
allow jlmiller 192.168.1.*

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby