List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    Re: Problem whith convertion wu-ftp
From:       kent () wu-ftpd ! org
Date:       2003-05-20 18:20:17

# I followed your suggestions and got better results:
#
# gzip and compress work correctly on my Tru64 system. I had to copy the file
# "/bin/loader",
# and the libraries I found with the "ldd" command (ex: "ldd compress" outputs
# the required libraries for compress).
#
# I'm still having the problem with tar, although I did the same as for
# compress and gzip.

Then unless tar needs something that's not showing up...

# When I try "chroot" with the tar command contained in the ftpconversions
# file, it works.
# When I try using ftp, I get an emty file (the transfer status is OK).
#
# Do you know of any special problem with HP/Compaq's Tru64 V5.1 system ?
# Do you know how I can get more log information ?

No I don't.  You could replace the tar command with a script that
outputs the command line so you could verify that....

--
Kent Landfield           |  WU-FTPD: http://www.wu-ftpd.org/
Phone: 1-817-545-2502    |  RESOURCE CENTER: http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd