List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    path-filter and class/user qualifications
From:       <brian () photoresearchers ! com>
Date:       2003-05-16 14:42:16

There's a note in the CHANGES indicating that "class=" qualifications have been added to the "path-filter" in the access file, but I don't see this reflected anywhere else in the documentation.  What's the syntax for including "class=" clauses (before the typelist, etc.)?

Also, can we use "user=" clauses, or have these not been implemented (and if
not, can they be)?

My problem is that I'm trying to set a path-filter for a specific user to
restrict that user (or alternatively, a directory glob) to particular patterns
(in order to allow/disallow certain filename patterns).  The "upload"
statements allow pattern-matching only on directories, so they are not useful
here.  The "path-filter" seems to be more appropriate, except that it seems to
be limited to entire types or classes, which is too general.  I don't want the
filters to apply to all "guest"s or even a "remote" class -- just a particular
user (or directory path).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Brian