List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    Re: IE v6 connecting to WU-FTPD server gains full rights???!?!!!!?!!
From:       Owen Phillis <owen () aesir ! ath ! cx>
Date:       2002-08-31 10:29:56

Dont panic. It's probably you :).

You probably need to chroot jail them. have you tried
ftp://whatever/../../../ in the other browsers? I'd say thet all the users
can traverse the entire filesystem.

check out guestgroup and guest-root in the ftpacess manpage. REAL users
can traverse the FS because what the point of having an account on  a
machine if you cant, but guest users can be manipulated nicely. the guest
functions on wuftpd turn users with real accounts into guests that can
have as much or as little access as you want to give them.

good luck!

Owen.