List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    Re: RH7.3/wu-ftpd & Active FTP
From:       "Gregory A Lundberg" <lundberg () vr ! net>
Date:       2002-06-27 4:56:03

Dont' know that you did anything out of the ordinary.

Hmm.  I'd check the address assigned to the interface card.  I'd check for a
route to localnet (127.0.0.0/8).  And the order of the routes.

I'm thinking there's some reason why the control connection is taking IP
address 127.0.0.1 (as I expect it would) but when the client asks for the
address, it's getting the one assigned to the interface card instead of the
localhost address.  All I know for sure, is that the BSD ftp command-line
client on my (older) Linux boxes doesn't behave like that, and from what you
said yours didn't until you upgraded.  Assuming nothing else changed, then,
I look to the kernel or the network setup.