List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    Re: temporary ban an ip
From:       Koos van den Hout <koos () kzdoos ! xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2002-06-14 15:01:23

Quoting ME Software who wrote on Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:52:48AM +0200:

> this doesn't solve my problem, because these guys are using dynamic ips.

- block the entire netblock (iptables can do that too)
- complain at the provider
  (repeated password attempts are really old-school and should get anyone
  ejected from their isp/whatever)
- upgrade wu-ftpd to the latest version
- if wu-ftpd is at the latest version, there should be nothing hackable in
  there. If there is, we would sure like to know.

--
Koos van den Hout,           PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers
koos@kzdoos.xs4all.nl        or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263                        -?)