List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    Re: ! DoDirList Failed 0
From:       Scott Miller <srmiller () interbel ! net>
Date:       2001-09-27 19:13:07

I can telnet into the box, and ftp to itself using the ip address:    ftp
ip.ad.dr.ess
and it does not work, errors out saying bad password.  I went and changed
the password for a particular user, and still the same thing.  From what was
said below, the wu-ftp package is not enabled by default on redhat 7.1, so
what would i need to do to enable it?  I have tried ftprestart -V as
described in the MAN pages, but errors out "command not found"  also tried
just ftprestart, ftpstart, ftpstop, nothing works here.

Thanks,
Scott