List:       wu-ftpd
Subject:    Re: Fw: A few questions from a new user.
From:       Gregory A Lundberg <lundberg+wuftpd () vr ! net>
Date:       1999-01-24 18:47:50

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Howard Moneta wrote:

> >> I would also like to be able to cap the maximum transfer rate so that
> >> I don't have fast internet connections sucking all of my bandwidth.
> >
> >VR12 supports this.
>

> Ok great! I downloaded VR12 but I did not understand how to compile
> it. Luckily I found a precompiled version of it and loaded it up.  It
> works great and I have implemented many of it's features.  I am still
> confused though about the above question.  I have an ftp directory
> called /ftproot and I would like to cap the transfer rates of a
> certain user. Is there a command I can add to the ftpaccess file to do
> that?  I would like to be able to ftp into the box and transfer at
> full speed.  I just want to cap a particular user's transfers from the
> /ftpaccess directory and its subs.

Looking at the manpage, it appears that the limits are by directory and
you cannot have different throughput limits for some users.

I'll add a 'class=' parameter to my list of things to think about for this
feature.  No promises, though, on if I'll do it or when.

--

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              lundberg+wuftpd@vr.net