List:       wsrf-dev
Subject:    Re: Merging WSRF Pubscribe and Muse
From:       Sal Campana <scamp () apache ! org>
Date:       2006-02-15 16:16:25

Heikki Verta wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I think combining the three projects is a good idea. Related to that I would
>have another question.
>
>Does this have anything to do with combining the three Apache projects and
>the Globus Toolkit? Or more specifically porting Globus to run on top of the
>Apache WSRF and WSN implementations? If I understand correctly the original
>plan was for the Apache and Globus developers to work together but I haven't
>heard anything about that for a while. Do you have any insights on the
>issues Sal?
>

>BR
>Heikki

Heikki,

Originally we utilized the Globus Toolkit's codebase, as well as an HP
internal implementation, as a starting point for building a new,
common, implementation of the WSRF/WSN specifications.  The porting of
the Apache project's into the Globus Toolkit is an exercise left to the
Globus team and has no bearing on the work being done at Apache.

Sam  do you have anything to add from your end?

-Sal