List:       wsif-user
Subject:    Axis JMS transport handling vs. WSIF
From:       pietila.meghan () comcast ! net
Date:       2005-03-25 16:34:35

This is confusing me, and I haven't been able to find prior emails or information on \
the Apache website that clear it up.  I think I have a misunderstanding, I am hoping \
someone can set me right.  Here is what I think I know:

1.  Axis has built-in handling for JMS transport with the 1.2 release (although the \
clients must be coded by hand, as seen in the SonicMQ sample).

2.  WSIF obviously has handling for JMS transport, written as separate code from the \
Axis handling, and is meant to be used as a wrapper/facade around the Axis SOAP \
engine--but not using the Axis transport code.

Why are there two solutions?  I have no problem with the idea that sometimes there \
are different approaches to solving a problem, and they certainly can (and do) exist \
under the Apache umbrella... is that what is happening here?  Can anyone summarize \
the differences?  I have some ideas, but I'm having difficulty finding confirmation \
and although I'm reading through all the code, it would be helpful to have some idea \
overall of the design intentions.

Thanks,

Meghan